Monday, June 3, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Instead of boring you with a long drawn out story of how busy I've been, I will instead share the new things I've done lately.

1. I tried green smoothies!
I was inspired by the Green Challenge posted by ToneItUp as part of their Bikini Series. (P.S. If you are looking for some inspiring ladies, look no farther than TIU).  Basically I took my existing fruit smoothie in the morning and added a cup of spinach.  I'm sure there are real raw foodies out there who wouldn't call this a green smoothie, but for me it is a step in the right direction.  I was very afraid to try this, but was pleasantly surprised how refreshing the spinach addition was and how it invigorated me.

Smoothie w/ Strawberries, Blueberries, Banana, and Spinach

2. Along the same lines I tried green tea!
Again, part of the Green Challenge, I tried green tea.  I always buy packs of tea and then they sit in my pantry because I don't really like them.  Well, that is no longer the case!  I learned this Texas girl can add ice and pinch of Stevia to make a delicious iced tea with great antioxidant powers.



3. I went wake boarding at a cable park.
I wish I had a picture of this outing, but both Daniel and I were wake boarding at the same time.  This was so fun, and I was even successful and getting 3/4 of the way around the "advanced" pond.  My shoulders were super sore for 2 days afterwards.

Hydrous Cable Park

4. I went to Washington DC.
The main reason I haven't posted - my family went to DC for a week.  I have never been before and this city/district (still not sure about the proper term) was amazing!  I could write a whole post, but I will just list my favorites.  Favorite Museum: Air & Space, Favorite Memorial: FDR, Favorite Other Thing: Zoo!  There are lots of pictures if you follow me on IG (@julie13point1), but today I will just post one.

My Whole Family at the U.S. Capitol
 
5. I rejoined the gym.
So this isn't a first for me, but I haven't been a gym member in over a year.  I enjoy working out at home or outside, but I've decided since it is summer and I've committed to a triathlon, I want access to a place with a pool and indoor cycling classes.  It gets really hot in Texas over the summer, so the treadmill access may be nice too.  I did my first strength workout tonight.  Let's just say I'm going to have some really nicely sculpted traps when I am done.
 
 
Alright, that's enough for now.  Happy Summer everyone!  What have you been up to?


No comments:

Post a Comment