Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend of Celebrations

I mentioned in my last blog post that my birthday was last Sunday.  Don't worry I'm not mad that your card got "lost in the mail."  The night before my birthday was spent going out with friends.  It was nice to catch up with some old college buddies and some newer acquaintances.  We enjoyed dinner at Mi Cocina restaurant and then a few too many shots at a nearby bar (note: no pictures).

My actual birthday was spent mostly with my parents.  They got me this adorable cake.  And then I lounged by the pool with Daniel. I was only bummed because my brother and sister couldn't be there.


This weekend, my brother made up for skipping my birthday.  He brought his wife and their guinea pig, Rollo, to come visit for the weekend.  It was a joint celebration for my birthday, Father's Day, and my Mom's birthday (which is this Friday).  I love spending time with my brother and compiled a long list of activities for all of us to do.  First we played tennis.


My brother and I both played competitively in high school, so it's a little family rivalry we like to keep going.  He wins this round...  Then we flew kites.


It was actually threatening to rain on us all morning (note the dark background), but we found just enough wind to keep these kites in the air.  After lunch, my mom wanted to go to the new George Bush Presidential Library that just opened in Dallas.  We cleaned up and went to check out the museum.


Daniel and I posed in a replica of Bush's Oval Office.  The museum was well done and everyone enjoyed it.  The evening wrapped up with beer by the pool.  What a perfect day!

Father's Day was spent relaxing and taking my dad to a movie.  I forgot to mention, there was no shortage of cake this weekend.

Last thought before I sign off for the night.  The best gift I got for my birthday and a Triathlon Suit for my upcoming race.  Now I am ready to tackle the challenge.  Plus, there is no turning back because I officially registered last night.  I'm scared and excited all at once.

 
What did you do this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment