Monday, March 4, 2013

February Goal Recap

Here is a look at how I did with my goals for February.

1. Run 70 miles.

I was 2 miles short of this goal.  I blame the short month (28 days…who thought of that?!). I also devoted two evenings to try out swimming laps at a local pool in place of running.  I welcomed the variety to my workouts so my joints got a break and my muscles were challenged in a new way.  I have also re-evaluated my half marathon training plan and I am confident I can surpass 70 miles in March.

2. Do yoga or extra stretching for 60 minutes each week.

Check! I penciled in the minutes I was stretching each day in my workout log and was surprised how challenging it was to get to 60 minutes each week.  It was well worth the effort.  I was even rewarded by the Flexible February challenge from Fitting It All In. I won a NuNaturals prize package.



3. Complete a plank a day for 5 days each week.

Check! I wasn’t always good at checking in on twitter, but I would put a plank at the end of each workout (5 times a week!).  I even noticed some abs poking out in the middle of the month.  I want to continue strengthening my core.

4. Complete 3 fitmixer workouts each week.

This quickly dropped from 3 to 2 to 1 to ZERO.  I’m not entirely sure why I lost motivation in this department.  I do know I had a lot of social commitments after work this month and since I didn’t want to skip runs, my boot camp workouts often got cancelled.  To remedy this, I need to start working out in the morning and schedule my workouts at the beginning of the week and actually write them down so I am committed.  More about revamping my workout outlook soon.

5. Eat 3 servings of vegetables each day.

I give myself half a check for this goal.  I got a lot better about adding more vegetables to my lunches and other meals, but I still want to eat a larger variety of vegetables. My habit is to reach for starches before leafy greens.  I think I will keep this on my goal list for one more month.

I have not yet drafted my March goals.  They are still a work in progress.  I recently picked up “The New Rules of Lifting for Women” at my local library and I’ve been rethinking my cross training. I will post new plans and goals in about a week.
 
I have a 10k race coming up this weekend, so that will keep me motivated for now.  Do you have any new goals for March to share?  Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment