Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a fun time saying good bye to 2013 and ringing in 2014.  I spent the evening with some girlfriends enjoying Peach Bellinis and catching up.  It was a perfect cap to 2013.

Reflecting back, 2013 was a pretty good year.  I accomplished a lot of fitness goals.  I ran more miles than ever before (600 to be exact).  I got new PRs in all of my race distances.  I completed my first sprint triathlon.

PRs According to Garmin

I traveled to Oklahoma, Big Bend National Park, Washington DC, and South Padre Island. I also spent a lot of time with friends and family at destinations a little closer to home.

A Sea Star on South Padre Island

2013 didn't end exactly the way I planned. The Dallas half-marathon was cancelled and the boyfriend and I decided to part ways. However, I tried not to waste too much time being sad.  I knew I could have a fresh start in 2014. I focused on staying positive and hanging out with my family as much as possible.

Family Christmas 2013

So here we are, a few days into a new year.  I've been reading everyone's resolutions and goals.  Here are a few of my own.

1. Run a half marathon in under 2 hours.  I've already picked 2 races for the spring and am planning at least one more in the fall.  I know I'm really close to that 2 hour mark and with a little more training, I can get there.

2. Buy a road bike and complete a duathlon.  I completed my sprint tri last year with the mountain bike that I bought when I was 13.  It's time for an upgrade.  I signed up for the Esprit de She duathlon in October for extra motivation.

3. Pray more.  Right now I have the perfect opportunity to turn my focus inward and reflect on who I am and who God wants me to be.  By praying and reflecting, I'm hoping to learn more about myself and the path God has laid before me.


That's kind of it.  I'm sure I'll set lot of other goals for myself throughout the year, but these are probably the most long-term ones.  If you follow me on twitter or IG, you know I've signed up for the Tone It Up Love Your Body challenge.  This challenge runs from Jan 1 - Feb 14.  I hope this challenge will encourage me to prioritize more strength training into my weekly schedule.  I will keep you updated on my progress and check-in soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A 7:42 minute mile is awesome! I think that those are some great goals for 2014! Strength training is definitely something that I plan to do more of this coming year.

    ReplyDelete