I went to Macy's this Saturday with my mom. They were already playing Christmas music over the intercom. Alas, the holiday season is upon us whether we like it or not.
Before I dive in with my new goals for this month (yes, I know I'm 3 days late), let's review October's goals and see how I did.
1. Run a long run each week. Check. This was an easy one as my half marathon training is in full swing.
2. Drink less soda. Epic fail. I think I'm more addicted than when the month began.
3. Stretch after every workout. Check. I've been consciously stretching more. I only had one bad ache/pain last month in the form of splints last week, but it's already gotten better.
4. Workout my core 2x per week. Check. I don't have a six pack, obviously, but I'm happy with my efforts.
Overall not that bad of a month. I bet you can all guess what goal will be at the top of my list for November. So here we go, shall we?
1. Drink less soda.
I think part of my problem is getting enough sleep, so no more late night blog reading. I'm going to aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night and start my mornings off with green tea if I need an extra boost. The vending machine and I will be enemies for the next 27 days.
2. Continue smart half marathon training.
My boyfriend pointed out that one week, all of my runs were the same pace. I need to vary my workouts and take my EZ runs easy and save my speed work for those days. That way my body can improve. I read a great blog post this week on how not to race your training run. Check it out here.
3. Work out my arms at least once a week.
I'm starting small here. Every time I make a workout schedule for the week, I write down at least one day to focus on arms. That always ends up being the day I skip my workout because I need to "rest". Well, it's time to pony up - a few push-ups never killed anyone, so it is time for this girl to get going.
4. Yoga once a week
This goes along with my stretching goal from last month. Earlier this year, I made a habit of waking up one morning a week and doing a 30 minute yoga flow. I want to get back to that habit. One of my favorites is Tara Stiles This is Yoga (4 DVDs). I also want to check out doyogawithme. A girl I follow on IG found some great Yoga for Runners videos on the site.
Alright, that's it. Hopefully I can stay focused this month. Do you have any good goals for November/pre-holidays?