Tuesday, February 5, 2013

False Start

February seems to have started before I even realized.  The first day of the month zipped over the starting line while I was still in the pre-race bathroom line.  It was Sunday night (the 3rd) before I realized I was supposed to start working on all of my goals 2 days prior.  I would like to call a False Start on the Offense, 5 yard penalty, redo first down.  Is that possible?


I am back on track now.  Sunday I did a long run of 7.5 miles.  It felt really good to run long again.  I took a nice and easy 10:26 avg pace and made sure to stretch afterwards.  It helped that the weather was perfect and sunny.  I ran again Monday and after 5 days of neglect completed a fitmixer bootcamp workout.  It was a nice strength workout that left my arms a little sore on Tuesday.  Today I did a Tabata workout for fitmixer bootcamp. Umm...who knew straight arm pulses (no weight) could make my shoulders burn?

I've done #plankaday 3 days in a row.  My goal by the end of the month is to be able to hold a plank for 3 minutes.  I think it is possible.  My current record is 1:55.  I also did a 5 minute ab workout for #AbsByApril today.  I plan to work more on core later this week as well.

As for #flexibleFebruary, I am up to a total of 30 minutes of stretching for the week.  In a stroke of luck, I got an email today from Appetite for Health informing me that I won a yoga DVD from their giveaway last Friday.  I will be receiving Shiva Rea's Daily Energy Collection.  I can't wait!

 
One last thought for the night.  I saw this on another blog and had to share.  I think everyone has had this thought at least once. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment